CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE USUALLY MADE WITH BUTTER, BUT USING EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL CAN BRING SOME NOTORIOUS BENEFITS:
- IT IS EASIER TO STIR THE DOUGH;
- IT CUTS THE AMOUNT OF FAT OF THE RECIPE BY ABOUT A THIRD;
- OLIVE OIL IS MADE WITH MONOSATURATED FATS WHICH CONTAINS MORE PHENOLIC ANTIOXIDANTS
- OVERALL, IT IS HEALTHIER THAN BUTTER.
- ¼ cup Olivus Floris Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC or 375 ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, dissolve both sugars with vanilla extract and Olivus Floris Extra-Virgin Olive Oil. Add the eggs, beaten. Pour the mixture slowly into the dry mixture and join 1 or maybe two tablespoons of milk to moisten. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and slice it or just make cookies manually by separating them into balls with your hands and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until slightly golden and set. Allow cooling for a bit.
Can cookies be made with Olive Oil?
EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL HELPS DEVELOPING A CRISPY EXTERIOR BUT A SOFT CRUNCH.