WE WERE IMPATIENTLY WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME (#WORLDNUTELLADAY) SO WE COULD SHOW OUR LOVE TO THIS SWEET DELICACY. THIS MOIST CAKE WAS MADE WITH THE AMAZING HAZELNUT SPREAD AND OLIVUS FLORIS EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
CAN I USE OLIVE OIL IN BAKING A CAKE?
You can and actually, you should.
Olive Oil can substitute most fats such as shortening, fat, vegetable oils, lard, butter or margarine. It cuts the amount of fat by two thirds, and contains healthy benefits such as monosaturated fats and phenolic antioxidants. Your cakes, pies, brownies and cookies will develop a more golden color, crispy exterior but a tender, moister inside.
- 2 cups-260g all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup-110g Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 cup-120g Olivus Floris Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup-120g muscovado sugar
- 1/2 cup-120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup-240ml water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- Caster sugar and cocoa for dusting
- Heat the oven: 180ºC/ 356 ºF.
- With a kitchen brush or papel towel, grease a round cake tin with Olivus Floris Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and lightly dust with cocoa after, tipping out the excess.
- In a large bowl, mix dark chocolate, Hazelnut Spread, muscovado sugar, vanilla and Olivus Floris Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, melting in a water bath.
- Remove from the heat, let it cool a bit and carefully stir in three egg yolks.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add flour to the chocolate large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. Next, add water. Finish with a pinch of salt.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mix. Do not stir.
- It’s time to put the cake tin in the oven, baking it for about 35 minutes
- Time to finish: dust cocoa first and top it with caster sugar.